Thursday, 23 July 2015

My Noor! Design UK DT Call Entry

I have waited a very long time for this moment...I think I might have mentioned in a previous post or two that I love Noor! Design dies, stamps & paper pads, and with the addition of Dutch Doobadoo and other products my wish list just keeps getting longer! So when I saw Tracy Payne from Noor! Design UK was having a DT Call I couldn't wait to get started on a project.  However my die cutting machine had other ideas and broke beyond repair so I was left waiting for a new machine.  Fortunately my mum stepped in to the breach with her machine just in time and saved the day!  

The reason I love Noor! Design products is because they are completely unique and have a certain quirkiness about them too which appeals to my eclectic style of crafting.  As per the rules here is my card, I've gone for a vintage style masculine card.



The backing paper is from The Old Design Shop, I have aged it using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy and Black Soot Distress Inks and distressed the edges with my Hougie distressing tool.


Using the Noor! Design Gears dies I created my own stamps from Funky Foam and some white Gesso paint to create a background on the black base card.


I used the die cut gears and some Black Soot distress ink to stencil shapes on to the paper too.

I have embellished the card using the Noor! Design Gears dies cut from the backing paper, Funky Foam and Debbi Moore's Metal Magic.  I also used the off cuts as extra embellishments and focal points.




Other embellishments include a brad, studs, string & chipboard "Heritage" sentiment.  The "oil stains" are created with black Gesso paint.






The sentiments are from a Fabulous 50's set of stamps that came free with Creative Stamping magazine "Still An Old Classic" and Docrafts Papermania Portobello Road Urban Stamps "Air Mail With Love".


You can see more of my makes using Noor! Design dies & stamps by clicking on this link to my Noor! Design Pinterest board and my Noor! Design Flickr album. I also post my makes regularly on Instagram @tracylouisew and Facebook.

I am also on the DT for Farey Ink and Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge and on the Admin for Carley Duff's Crafty Army Facebook group where I like to combine my makes with Noor! Design products. 

I made two cards at this time so look out for my feminine card on my next blog post. 

Creative Blessings. x

A little bit of gossip about me! 
I think crafting first took hold of me when I was 14, initially through cross stitch, but I started papercrafting about 15 years ago.   My stash soon grew to astronomical proportions and I started crafting whenever I had a spare few minutes including in my lunch hours, I was chuffed when work colleagues started requesting bespoke cards.  

These days I'm self-employed and building a portfolio career which includes blogging, writing and creating including cards for charity and bespoke customer orders whilst building my Creative Designer profile.  It is a fantastic experience to be able to share my creations and passion with so many others and make new friendships and is my long term ambition to run local classes and workshops to take crafting to my community. 

I enjoy all sorts of papercraft including stamping, colouring, mixed media, upcycling, home decor and lots more.  I would say I'm a confirmed craft addict! 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage card Tracy, so much detailing. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Tracy good luck with the DT call Loved reading this post Love and hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Tracy,love the B.paper,great dies and details -good luck with the DT call
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x