Friday, 28 August 2015

Faery Ink New Release - Fae Queen Arachne

This fabulous digi is the new release from Faery Ink, her name is Fae Queen Arachne, and I think she is marvelous!  She comes with and without wings.

In mythology Arachne is a mortal woman and talented weaver who challenged the goddess of crafts and wisdom, Athena.  There are different versions of the story but they end with Arachne being turned in a spider, which is why, according to mythology, spiders are called arachnids.
I have coloured Fae Queen Arachne with Graph It markers; Hair; 9201, 9203, 9205, Skin; 41204125, 4145, 4150, 4155, Wings, Crown, Make-up, Top, Necklace; 6110, 6120, 6130, 6140, 6175, 6180, Eyes; 7119.
The black base card is covered in spider's web and embellished with a purple ribbon and black lace.  Fae Queen Arachne is mounted on the card using Pinflair glue.

he sentiment "When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion." is a Ethiopian Proverb which I typed onto one of my own photos after some slight tinkering with it in the Craft Artist Programme.  I have mounted it on white card which I have coloured with Graph It marker 6140.  I decided on a positive sentiment as spiders get a really bad press, I'm not a fan but as long as they leave me alone I will leave them alone, unless they are really big...yuck! 

Creative Blessings.  x

8 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy what a stunning image and love the design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, Great card, love the image and fab background design. The information on spiders was great, they are defiantly not my favourite . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and fabulous sentiment Tracy,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the prettiest arachnid I've seen Tracy and the web background is fabulous. That's an interesting proverb, I wouldn't like to put it to the test though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stamp and your colouring and colours are gorgeous Its the perfect sentiment as well love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Tracy! Great image & a perfect sentiment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it lovely image beautifully coloured great back ground x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x