Friday, 14 August 2015

Frosty Christmas

Is it just me or can anyone else feel the weather starting to turn?  I'm sure I caught a whiff of Autumn in the air the other evening and that of course means Christmas is on it's way.  I have two Yule presents bought and wrapped already - this is super organised even for me - and this inspired me to make another Yule card.
For this make I have used the Lelli-Bot Crafts Frosted Christmas kit, I love snow and ice and am definitely dreaming of a white Christmas. :-)

The topper, snowflake charm, sentiment, snowflake embellishment, silver card, patterned paper, white & blue ribbon are all from the kit.  I have cut the silver card using the scalloped blade for the Woodware Trimmer.  The image reminds me of a carousel so I have used an off-cut as a pole.  The whole scene makes me think of Winter wonderland so it seemed appropriate to pick Walking in a Winter Wonderland (the Dean Martin version) for the aptly named Winter Wonderland challenge!


I distressed the edge of patterned paper with a blunt knife blade as I had temporarily mislaid my Hougie distressing tool.


Some spider's web, Anna Marie Designs stamens, buds and a pearl strand embellish the corner behind the image.

The pearl snowflake is from Marianne Designs.  I have embellished the sentiment with silver and white twine from my stash, Polar white Flower Soft from Katy Sue Designs and Crushed Ice Crystals from Anna Marie Designs.  The 'snowballs' are from my stash.

The snowflakes are cut from the silver card included in the kit using Noor! Design Winter Wishes dies.  I have used spider's web across the bottom of the card to create some texture and then split the circle snowflake die cut to create the wave effect.  The topper and sentiment are mounted with Pinflair glue.

Creative Blessings. x

I wish to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Noor! Design UK - Challenge # 9 - Christmas (31/08) - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/challenge-9-christmas.html

Lelli-bot Crafts - Challenge #3 August 2015 - Christmas In August (31/08) - http://lellibotcraftchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/challenge-3-august-2015-christmas-in.html

Christmas Cards All Year Round - August Challenge (30/08)  - Snowflakes - http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/august-challenge-snowflakes.html

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas - Challenge 241 - Something beginning with S - http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/chnc-challenge-241-something-beginning.html

Craftyhazelnut's Extra Challenge - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas (31/08)- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/chnc-challenge-extra-for-august-2015.html

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes as long as you use patterned paper (31/08) - http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-august.html

Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Challenge #36 Anythings Goes - http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/christmas-card-challenges-36-anything.html

The Glory of Christmas Challenge - Challenge #65 - Silver or Gold - http://thegloryofchristmaschallenge.blogspot.de/2015/08/challenge-65-silver-or-gold.html
I MADE TOP 3 - whoop, whoop!

Craft Your Passion - Challenge 274 - Always Anything Goes - http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/challenge-274-always-anything-goes.html

Winter Wonderland - Christmas Carols/Songs (27/08) - http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/christmas-carolssongs.html (My song is Walking in a Winter Wonderland by Dean Martin)

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Tracy, thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Not sure I want to think too much about the whole Cword thing yet, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the colours and the topper looks fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card Tracy, loving the colours and the kit looks fabulous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous festive creation, full of glitter and sparkle Tracy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Tracy! I love it!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a stunning card with so many elliments the distress edge makes me think of cracked ice the whole card gives the feeling of an ice cold winters day well done its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

    I looooovvvvve your creation, we hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth
    Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant a lovely frosty car the design is gorgeous love and hugs Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful Christmas card Tracy. I love the colour and all the little details xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks also for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks also for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 54 with your lovely crafting, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all the snowflakes Tracy, you know I'm partial to one or two, lol. Gorgeous card, definitely has the christmas feel.
    Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
    Hugs Tracy
    Owner Noor!DesignUK

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a stunner! Love all the diecut elements.

    Thank you for joining our challenge 'Christmas in August' over on the lelli-bot crafts challenge blog!

    .<3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Wow Wow this card is stunning I love the grey against the icy blues and your embellishing is perfect. Thanks for joining our August Challenge at Lelli- Bots Crafts x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cold and frosy Christmas card love all the snowflakes
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo thats gorgeous, love the reindeer! I am glad you are doing Christmassy things as I have a festive blanket that needs finishing but felt wrong about getting on with it in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great, thanks for joining us xx Jan PP DT!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x