Monday, 5 October 2015

Halloween Wreath

I love Autumn and Halloween and I am slowly decorating the house ready for this Pagan festival. You may remember my Jack-O-Lantern hanging decoration using the freebie pumpkins from Faery Ink.   We are having family and friends over just before Halloween and our friends are bringing their children so I'm trying to make the house as spooky, but not scary, as possible!

I have been recycling this wreath for almost two years, changing the decorations according to the season, it originally started off as the wreath in this post.

I really wanted to buy some artificial flowers which is what I did in the summer but the shop where I used to get them has closed down and it's so hard to get nice artificial flowers, not to be defeated I had a rummage through my stash.
So this cost me zero pounds, zero pennies to make!

My supplies were recycled wreath, ribbon, tissue paper, pipe cleaners & string from my stash.

Oh I know what you are thinking, the tissue paper is going to get soggy in the rain but worry not it's hanging in the conservatory not on a outside wall. :-)

The tissue paper "flowers" are really easy to make.  Take three sheets of tissue paper about the size of an A4 sheet.  I used a black sheet between two orange.  Concertina the tissue paper, fold in half and secure in the center with a pipe cleaner. Cut down all the folds, fan out and scrunch.  Use the ends of the pipe cleaners to secure it to the wreath.  I had used natural string to hang it.

Creative Blessings. x

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea and even better as its cost you nothing. Looks really good and sure it will look great on your conservartory wall. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and what great idea too, just perfect for halloween xx

    Missy Pink - The Crafty Pink Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a Halloween wreath and love the pumpkin hanger
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrilliant this is just perfect love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative. Would like to try this before christmas with red and green instead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x