Monday, 16 November 2015

Create & Craft launches My-Thyme Colouring Book 2 & Sakura Pens

Today at 3pm on Create and Craft Carley Duff is launching Colouring Book 2 from My-Thyme along with souffle sakura pens.  Unfortunately I only had a couple days to get some samples done and posted but I did have a lot of fun making these.  I have a small stash of Sakura Souffle and Glaze pens which I haven't used for a while so I dug these out.  I had forgotten just how well these pens glide over the paper.  The Glaze pens give a gorgeous shine and the Souffle create an almost opaque paint once they dry.

So on to my samples, first up is a little piece of home decor.
I painted this MDF jar with white Gesso, Anna Marie Designs Yesteryear Chalk paint and a thin layer of Crackle Glaze.  The ric-rac ribbon is from my stash and coloured with a Sakura pen.  The pattern is cut from an online freebie which you can get here and coloured with the Souffle pens.  The flower is from Noor! Designs UK and coloured with a Souffle pen.  The arrangement is built up with voile, dried flowers and fibre  together with some moss all from Anna Marie Designs.


Sample two is a twisted easel calendar using patterns cut from the My-Thyme Adult Colouring Book 2.  I have mounted the background and butterfly on black card from Anna Marie Designs.
The butterfly is adhered with Pinflair glue and I added pins as antenna.  The dots are black enamel accents.
Carley is also promoting the Tattered Lace dies so next up I have coloured ssome of my Tattered Lace dies with the Glaze pens.  The stepper card is made from Anna Marie Designs cardstock.  I really love peacocks and this die is one of my favourites.
Carley is trying to encourage crafters to use they patterns and images once coloured in their crafting rather than leave them in the colouring book.  I thought another great way to use your coloured pieces would be on your scrapbook pages.  This was a perfect excuse to finally scrapbook some of my hundreds of photos and of course I have to start with my bear aka the Newf, Fergus.  I'm sure lots of you will be familiar with my Newfoundland as it's not the first time he has appeared in my crafting although my projects are usually digital scrap pages.

I have used a Souffle pen to create the border and write the journalling around the photos. The butterfly and flower are cut from My-Thyme Colouring Book 2 and the letters from Book 1 and coloured with the Souffle pens.
The first photo is labelled with the traits of a Newfoundland; intelligent, friendly, easy-going, courageous, strong, loveable, gentle, amiable, docile.  The photo was taken in July 2013.


Photo two is labelled with some of the other names for Fergus or the breed; The Bear, Newfoundland, Newf, Newfie, Mayoss Get Your Kicks which is his Kennel Club name.  This photo was taken just over a year later.

I hope you enjoy the show and all the samples by me and the Carley Duff Design Team.

Creative Blessings. x


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous collection Tracy. They were really good to use I did some for the first release.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! I love the peacock.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey your samples are gorgeous I did see the show. I know what you mean about not getting much time to make and send the samples in it is the same for me. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely creations. I adore the calendar card's shape. That gorgeous peacock and the lovely dog photos. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, fabulous samples and I just love Fergus he is adorable. I have a soft spot for Newfoundlands they are such gentle giants. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great samples Tracy. So varied.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful samples those pens give a fabulous finish and stunning vibrant colours perfect Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful projects love the scrapbook page and pics -fabulous colouring on the butterfly and love the MDF jar and floral spray
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant design, love everything added and wow, this is just fabulous. ♥
    { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tracy what can I say all your designs are just so beautiful.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are amazing! I love my sakura pens, they always seem to come out at this time of year! Great samples, I love them all!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super collection Tracy, and I love the photos of Fergus.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Tracy and fabulous samples. I don t have any of those pens that is yet lol! must give them a go. Sorry not been around last couple of weeks life just got in the way. Thank you for supporting my blog. Crafty hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x