Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Wedding Card Commission

Firstly I need to apologise for my lack of blogging and commenting on your blogs, but hubby had a week off work and we went off gallivanting, which included amongst other things After Eight milkshake and the new Bond film!

I was asked by a very good friend of mine to make a Wedding card for her son and his bride, I was so happy to do this as this particular friend had been very supportive when I was going through some very difficult health issues.

The bride is American hence the spelling of the name Ashley.  The colour theme for the Wedding is a Victorian lilac so I tried my best to get as close to this as possible allowing for a little artistic licence.
I have used a white 8 x 8 pre-scored card bought from Keep On Crafting, Bury St Edmunds.  The first layer is piece of Anna Marie Designs white card stock coloured with Phill Martin's Cosmic Shimmer Cloud Colour Blending Ink in Frosty Heather.

The next layer is a 200 gsm cardstock embossed using the Craftwell Checkered Arygle embossing folder.  I have added a strip of white seam binding ribbon (a whole reel bought for a very good price on Ebay) coloured with the Frosty Heather Cloud Colour.

The flower embellishment is created using white voile from the Anna Marie Designs Natural Accents Bundle, Stamens, Mixed Flower Buds and the large flower came from Hobbycraft, which I came across by chance not long after my friend asked if I would make the card and I thought it would be the perfect colour.
The lettering is cut on the Silhouette Cameo using Anna Marie Designs A4 Lilac Dottie card.
The box is made using A3 card from my stash.  I used more of the white seam binding ribbon to create the bow on top and lined the inside of the box with tissue paper given to me by my mum.

Creative Blessings. x

One of my blog friends has recently had problems with blogger so has had to restart her blog.  Her name is Annie and she makes the most awesome cards, mixed media etc, she is trying to rebuild her following, here is the link to her blog http://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com.au/ Please pop over, leave some love and become a follower.

7 comments:

  1. Hi ya Tracy, love this gorgeous card and your flower is beautiful
    I must say after 8 milkshakes I would be busting and feeling like an oink oink....as long as you enjoyed the day/s.xx
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling Tracy, this will make a wonderful keepsake.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy, what a beautifully constructed card, love the design and colour. Beautiful flower the voile looks fabulous behind the flower. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and just adore the rose.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful I love the colours and the road is stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x