Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Dad's birthday card and Halloween candy winner!

Apologies it has taken me so long to pick a winner for the Halloween candy but I have a few health worries but yesterday I had some good news and am feeling a lot more relaxed and like my old self!

The winner of my candy was picked by the random generator, the winner is one of my regular visitors;
CAROL from Crafty-Stamper

Congratulations Carol please send an email with your address to tracy.welham@sky.com so I can post out your prize.


Now on to my project, my dad is one of those awkward people who has a birthday in December - haha!  I try to avoid Christmasy looking cards for people with birthdays in December and for this card I used the Country Treasures paper kit which I think is from Tattered Lace.  I have had this in my stash for a while now but this is it's first outing!

I started with an 8x8 base card from Keep on Crafting, which is my local craft shop in Bury St Edmunds.  I have layered it with a sheet of patterned paper.  I have mat and layered the image on Anna Marie Designs black card.  I edged all the cards, papers and image in Forest Moss Distress Ink.
The owl image is decoupaged, and I have added some burlap from my stash and Anna Marie Designs natural moss to make a little nest.  
The sentiment is from the kit I have coloured it with Forest Moss distress ink and added burlap strings & peg from my stash and stamens & dried flowers from Anna Marie Designs.
I used Cuttlebug Typewriter alphabet dies to personalise the card.
To finish it off I added a different scene from the same sheet also edged with Forest Moss DI and mounted on Anna Marie Designs black card. 

Creative Blessings.  x

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card Tracy your dad will love it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card for your dad Tracy

    congratulations to Carol and thank you Tracy


    gr karin.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card and very pleasant design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and loving the cute owl.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, the owl looks great with the extra detail of the nest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delighted you chose me as your blog candy winner and have sent an e-mail-will catch up with your posts tomorrow as blogger been playing up and not loading any blogs for three days !!!Fabulous card inside and out and love the decoupaged owl--Happy Birthday to your Dad--it would have been my Mams birthday today
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous this is just the perfect man card Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birthday card and owl Tracy I am sure your dad will love it. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x