Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Winter Solstice

As a pagan I celebrate Winter Solstice and I also have some pagan friends so I like to make more nature orientated cards for them for Christmas.  This is one of the cards I made using the artwork of Karen Brown.  I really love her work, I bought one of her cards last year from Blackthorpe Barns, Suffolk on The Old Piggery Pottery stall.  They are based at Alder Carr Farm, Needham Market, Suffolk.  A fact you may not know about me, I used to live in Needham Market for about 6 years, and still love to visit, it's a very pretty village with lots of quirky little shops.
Getting back to my card, last year I used the card as my focal point for a handmade card so was very pleased to find more of her cards using the same style this year.  My friend also likes Hares hence this particular image.
I also found a cute little ceramic holly leaf brooch which I boxed and wrapped in brown paper and stamped with some Card-io stamps.
I have used Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Ink, Noor! Design diesAnna Marie Designs papers, white Gesso as snow, glossy accents on the berries and gems from my stash to add some twinkle.
The 8 x 8 card base is from my local craft shop Keep on Crafting.


Creative Blessings.  x

I wish to enter this into the following challenges;

Noor! Design UK - Challenge #13 - Winter Wonderland - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/challenge-13-winter-wonderland.html

Unicorn Challenge Blog - Challenge #4 - Winter Time - http://unicornchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/challenge-4-winter-time.html

Unstampabelles - Challenge #53 - Sparkle & Make Us Smile - http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/merry-christmas-and-all-that-challenge.html


6 comments:

  1. Hi this is stunning I love the artwork. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 4 “Winter Time” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and love the hare image and sentiment-great background too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Tracy! Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card! Thanks for joining us at The Unstampabelles for our December Challenge.
    We hope to see you again in February.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    UNSTAMPABELLES DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

    I looooovvvvve your creation, we hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth
    Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x