Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Faery Ink Facebook Contest - Give your project some lift

The Faery Ink monthly Facebook Contest has started and the theme this month is "Heights: Give your project some lift."  i.e. create a 3D effect.


For my DT project I have used Cheerful Mushroom Fae.  I love mushroom and toadstool images and this image lends itself perfectly to decoupage which I have done to her skirt and the head of the mushroom.  
Amanda's description of this image is "This cheerful little faery enjoys a bright sunny day in the shade of a mushroom."  So I have sat her beside a pool where she can take a cool dip if the sun gets too much and dressed her in bright colours.

I have coloured Cheerful Mushroom Fae using Graph it markers and 

I have used a 5x5 scalloped edged card which I embossed with Cuttlebug Bird Call and Kirstie Allsopp Swiggles embossing folders.  I have used Faded Jeans and Forest Moss distress inks over the embossing. 


I have used a grey marker underneath the  colours on the second image to give the appearance of a reflection.   The flower and calendar are from my stash.
I hope you will join in with the Facebook Contest.  You can of course buy your Faery Ink images from the shop.

Creative Blessings.  x



10 comments:

  1. it's so beautiful Tracy, beautiful done


    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card I am loving the 3d effect and the colours are totes amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and detail. Love decoupage too and you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning calendar I love the image you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tracy, A fabulouys project and beautiful images which you have coloured beautifully.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous creation. Just so pretty Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Tracy, love the image and how you have added her reflection.
    Crafty Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable creation, love the design, the reflection, colours and image used. xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love the decoupaged image and great idea to add her reflection
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x