Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Having a Hoot!

This post has a few firsts for me; it's my first use of a Hobby Art stamp (I have a small collection but I am ashamed to say that this is the first ever inking of a Hobby Art stamp!) and my first use of Distress Markers and my first time water colouring.

This was a birthday card for my sister.   She bought this Hobby Art Ornate Owls set for me for Christmas and when I opened it she scheduled in her birthday card - she is a creative spirit too so we are able to order our cards from each other!
The base card is an 8 x 8 from Keep On Crafting edged with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The strips of card are Anna Marie Designs and the linen behind the circle of kraft card is from my stash.  I have stamped the kraft card with an element from the set using the markers directly on the stamp.
I first fell in love with Tim Holtz Distress Markers when I attended a workshop by Tracy Payne from Noor! Design.  My hubby bought me the complete set for my birthday from Noor! Design.  I had struggled with skin tone at the class so I was glad my sister wanted an owl on her card, as I need a bit more practice to colour people.
I must admit I found water colouring this image very relaxing, I used an acrylic block to scribble the colours on and then used a thin brush to paint the image.  I was very pleased with how the distress markers blend too.
I coloured over the sentiment stamp with the markers and then stamped direct on to card, the background is also coloured with a distress marker.  This is mounted on the back of a linen label from a piece of clothing and the ribbon is from my stash.

The Happy Birthday tiles, dried flowers, moss, flowers, stamens and natural fibers are from Anna Marie Designs.


The paper insert is from my stash.

Creative Blessings, x

I would like to enter this into the following challenges;

Hobby Art January 2016 Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small - http://www.hobbyartstamps.com/blog/januarys-blog-challenge-2016/

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with no optional twist - http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4722255511&blog=5178225


10 comments:

  1. Well done Tracy, you have done a fantastic job on this card. Love the colouring on the owl and the backing design is great. Your sister will love it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and adore the owl.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a stunning card I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Tracy. The owl stamp is so cute and I love all the pretty embellishments you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, I love this owl and I adore that sentiment. TOO cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, I am so loving the owl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet owl...I love it...they are so wise looking don't you think? The whole design comes together simply perfectly. Well done and keep up the superb work.
    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card I love the owls and all the beautiful texture and embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x