Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Faery Ink Inspirational - Clockwork Cupids

I am really excited to share Clockwork Cupids from Faery Ink as my inspiration, this time I have created a mixed media page.  I bought a child’s hardboard book from a charity shop and covered the first page with white gesso to help adhere the papers because it was quite shiny.   The image is coloured with alcohol markers and metallic gelly roll pens.  I added glossy accents to the clocks & the eye glass.  This is the first page of my mixed media book.   The papers are from my stash I have edged them with distress inks and added some stamped images.  The music sheet was a free printable from The Old Design Shop which I distressed by tearing and inking it.

The charms are from stash, The wooden clock is from The Works.  The stamped wings is from the Visible Image Time After Time set.  The feathers are cut from mirri card using Noor! Design dies. The butterfly is cut & foiled using the TODO, I won some bits and pieces from Mel Heaton who was demoing the TODO on C&C.  I'm saving up for one of these. 

Creative Blessings.  x

I would like to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Altered Eclectics - Anythings Goes (mixed media/altered art) - http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/a-very-happy-new-year.html

Creative Artiste Challenge - Anything Goes with Mixed Media -http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/welcome-to-creative-artiste-challenge-11.html

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, the image and design is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cover Tracy, `love the colour tones. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great mixed media project Tracy,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning Valentine's Day card the image is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning so much beautiful detail this is amazing love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Tracy. I love the pretty image and all the elements you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty image the charms are lovely to beautiful colours just right for Valentine day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creation is gorgeous
    thanks for joining our challenge at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love altered books and most charity shops have so many that are itching to be altered...love the children's board books as they can take so much art work...Your page is gorgeous...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great altered book. Very nice design. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x