Friday, 12 February 2016

Faery Ink New Release - Steampunk Stylist

This fabulous digi is one of today's new releases from Faery Ink.  This funky girl is Steampunk Stylist.  

This is the cover to my steampunk mixed media book, earlier in the week I shared the first page using Clockwork Cupids, also from Faery Ink.


I bought a couple of kid's hardback books from a charity shop.  I choose the bigger one for the project as I wanted to print the images off big and also because the cover had a textured front.  You can just about see the rough glittered areas on the book.  Once covered in black gesso it added to effect

I coloured the image using Graph It markers and added some Wink of Stella clear to the eye glass.
I have added hairdressing charms from my stash.  The mirror is made from a mini wooden frame from The Works coloured with Pebeo Empire Gold Gilding Wax from Dragon's Papercraft in Rugby and a piece of crumpled kitchen foil.  The raffia, key charm & zip are also from my stash.  The keyhole is from The Works and I used a couple of brads as screws.  


I add more gilding wax to the zip and the textured pieces on the cover.  

There are more steampunk images in the shop and more to be released, don't forget to share your fantastic creations in the Faery Ink Facebook Group.

Creative Blessings.  x

I wish to enter these into the following challenge(s):

Altered Eclectics - Anythings Goes (mixed media/altered art) - http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/a-very-happy-new-year.html

Creative Artiste Challenge - Anything Goes with Mixed Media -http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/welcome-to-creative-artiste-challenge-11.html

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous steampunk theme on your book coverTracy .Great image and just love all the embellishments Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this, the Image you choose is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, I do love Steampunk!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely lots of mix and look on there I don't know were you get your ideas but they always work and look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning altered book cover Tracy, what a fabulous new lease of life for the book. The Steampunk image and mini scissors are wonderful.
    Thank you for joining in with the February challenge "Anything Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creation is gorgeous
    thanks for joining our challenge at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project idea and stunning too -
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project. Love your details. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x