Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Mixed Media MDF Heart

Greetings all!  Thanks to all my visitors and followers for stopping by today.

I am sharing an MDF heart from Creative Expressions that I purchased in my local crafting shop, Keep on Crafting, Bury St Edmunds, which I painted with white gesso.


I took a piece of Kirstie Allsopp charm pack fabric (this is the first piece I have used, it's just so pretty I didn't want to cut into it) which I have cut into squares using pinking shears and layered up in a decopatch fashion.

The die cuts are made using Noor! Design dies and Anna Marie Designs cardstock which I have highlighted with white gesso.

Using a blob (technical term) of Pinflair glue I arranged the pins (from my stash) and the stamens, flowers and mixed flower buds (from Anna Marie Designs).

The image is from Lunagirl Moonbeams (who is our Sisters of Craft sponsor this month) which I have glued into a beer bottle top and covered with an epoxy sticker from my stash.

I have added a strip of cotton lace trim also from Anna Marie Designs and finished the edges of the heart with more white gesso.

I would like to enter this in to the following challenge(s);

Noor! Design - Love - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-15-love.html

Lunagirl Moonbeams - Love - http://www.lunagirlmoonbeams.com/2016/02/february-challenge-theme-love.html

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with optional create your own colour challenge (White Pink & Green) - http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-164-anything-goes-woptional.html

Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes - http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-100.html

Frilly and Funky - Layer it up - http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/layer-it-up-challenge.html

Unicorn Blog Challenge - Lots of Love - http://www.unicornchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-6-lots-of-love.html

Creative Blessings.  x



16 comments:

  1. This is stunning and so beautifully made x It is really pretty and I love the colours and the picture in the bottle top is just so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful heart its so pretty some fabulous embellishments its all so lovely love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Tracy. love this design!The beer bottle top is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful love the use of the bottle cap TFS Unicorn challennge Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your mixed media heart! Love all the layers and elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully made heart Tracy, I love the material it's so pretty and the embellishments are fab. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 6 “Lots of Love” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and delicate. A lovely project and so pleasing to the eye!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty heart Tracy, really like the lace over fabric. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie for the Layer it Up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty, love the bird bottle cap image and flowers in the corner! Shani, 613 Ave. Create, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely heart. It has lots of sweet feminine touches with the addition of the floral fabric, the lace and the roses. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautifully embellished and designed heart.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty mix of fabric, chipboard, trims and flowers! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Layer it Up" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and feminine Tracy! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x