Monday, 15 February 2016

Review: Highland Soap Company

This is not a paid for promotion or collaborative post.  The products featured were bought by me at full price. 

I discovered the Highland Soap Co. a few years ago whilst on holiday in Scotland, and now I usually buy some every time we visit but they also have an online shop so I can still treat myself to these luscious products.  I always take Highland Soap into the shower or bath and won't use any other type of wash.

Their shops are based in Spean Bridge (which is the one we always visit), Fort William and Pitlochry. I could easily spend an hour in the Spean Bridge shop smelling all the lovely products despite the fact it is only a small shop.

It's a family run business manufacturing products using the best natural ingredients and traditional methods of processing.  The ingredients and products are vegetarian and cruelty free - another reason I love the company. The products are free from SLS, SLES and paraben preservatives. The packaging is simple and recyclable, despite this it's beautifully packaged.
They don't just do soaps but bubble baths, hair care, body wash, bath melts, candles and more.  The range is large and covers everything from Apple Blossom to Wild Scottish Raspberry.  There are also the most attractive gift sets that make lovely presents for any occasion and some fabulous offers-I took advantage of the 2 for £8.  My order also come with a free mini bar of soap.
This time I picked;

Highland Honey & Oats "This lovely soap is traditionally handmade with lucious heather honey to moisture and pamper skin.  The organic Scottish Oats help to gently exfoliate to leave skin squeaky clean and smooth. "

 I wasn't sure if the smell might be a little boring but it's quite earthy and the oats are gentle on the skin.  I have quite dry skin and I did notice that it has exfoliating properties and my skin does feel smoother.

My other choice was;

Wild Nettle & Heather "This traditionally handmade soap has a wonderful fresh scent of heather flowers from the Scottish Highlands.  Blended with the tender tops of nettles, one of the most nutrient dense wild greens available.  Further enriched with Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter to make a luxurious moisturising bar."

This was my personal favourite of the two as it smells devine and lathered up easily.  It did a great job of moisturising my skin and kept it feeling soft through the day.

The Highland Soap Company is really worth a visit virtual or otherwise, the products are a gorgeous treat for someone you love or why not treat yourself.

Creative Blessings.  x

1 comment:

  1. I can almost smell them bet they are fabulous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x