Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Faery Ink Inspirational - Destiny Tinman

It's the last day of the month and time for my Faery Ink inspiration.  It was another instance choice for me this month as soon as I spotted Destiny Tinman.  Who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz, I remember being blown away by the Emerald City and those Ruby redshoes!  One of my fondest memories is going to the cinema with my dad to see Return to Oz, oh my goodness I was a tiny bit scared of the Wheelers!  If you've not see them check out this YouTube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0RFE3QGAU

On to my DT piece, I decided to create a journal/mixed media page with Destiny Tinman.  I started with a page from an old book which I covered with a layer of white gesso paint, once dry I gently scraped away the paint over the words "unity" and "fellow-traveller" as I felt these were quite poignant to the journey that Destiny Tinman must make to find her heart.


I have bought myself an inexpensive scrapbook, like the ones you used to use as a kid, to stick all my journalling in and this is my first piece, of many I hope!



Just follow the yellow brick internet highway to the Faery Ink shop to collect Destiny Tinman.

Creative Blessings.  x

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the tin man image!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation, both the fun focal element and design Tracy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy, super journal page, the Destiny Tinman look fab. I went to the cinema many years ago with my mum to see the very first Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland and when I say the witch with the red shoes she freaked me out, but I was only a little girl then.LOL Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy I love this, coloured perfectly.
    Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quote! And your coloring is positively perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal page and great image-I thought the wheelers were a bit weird too
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x