Friday, 20 May 2016

Shabby Chic - Wedding Card

My card today was a commission from one of my best friends.  Her daughter got married last Friday, yes that's right on the 13th, she is a bit quirky like that!

The Wedding theme was shabby chic so I picked this theme for the card.

I used an 8 x 8 card and adhered Anna Marie Designs kraft card to the front.  The Shabby Chic Vintage cardstock is also from Anna Marie Designs and the patterned paper is from my stash which I trimmed with the pinking blade of my Woodware trimmer and edged with Spun Sugar distress ink.
I also used kraft card inside the car and used strips of the same patterned paper & cardstock inside.

All the faux pearl embellishments, ribbon and lace trim were part of candy from Linda Simpson.  Check our her creations on Linda's Crafty Piece of Heaven and Linda Simpson's Crafty Piece of Heaven (for Mixed Media creations).

I followed Anna Marie's Youtube tutorial to make the flower centre piece using Anna Marie Designs dried flowers, stamens, microbeaded flowers & paper flower.  The sentiment is also from Anna Marie Designs, I edge this with Spun Sugar dstress ink too.
What month did you get married in or would you like to get married in?  I married in the September of 2000, Autumn and Winter months are my favourite.  It was very warm & sunny, a beautiful day in more ways than one.

Creative Blessings.  x


7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, gorgeous card and lovely to seeing you use the candy you won! Thanks also for the shout out too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Tracy, I love the colours and the centre flower is gorgeous. The lace and trim are gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Tracy I love all the embellishments and the pale colours
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shabby chic card love all the beautiful embelishments and texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Just so pretty and so perfect for wedding, you have truly made a fabulous wedding card, that the happy couple will love and keep for many years to come. Well done on this wonderful make. Hugs Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Tracy, wow just stunning, love all the fabulous embellishments and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x