Saturday, 25 June 2016

Sketch Layout - Quick Cards Made Easy magazine Reader DT

I am very excited to share with you a card I made for the Sketch Layout Challenge July issue of Quick Cards Made Easy.  You can see my creation on page 37 of the magazine.

This is the sketch I was asked to follow.
Here is my card, as you can see I have gone for a vintage style and I decided to rotate the sketch once anti-clockwise. 

The topper is from Joanna Sheen, I have distressed it with a distressing tool, Vintage Photo distress ink and folded and creased it.  The background sheet is from a pad bought in The Works. 

I have stamped writing across the book using Momento Rich Cocoa ink and a Script stamp from Creata.  

The "With Love" washi tape is from my stash.  I have trimmed the corners with film from a camera, remember these proper reelsof film?!?!  There was something exciting about waiting for your photos to be developed, anyway I digress!

The whole layout reminded me of a photo that an American GI might carry around with him so I added the word Gal using Momento Rich Cocoa ink and Typerwriter key stamps from Creata.


I added a further sheet from the pad to the inside of the card.


Here it is the Quick Cards Made Easy magazine.
Creative Blessings.  x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage card Tracy, I love the image and how you have distressed it. Great backing paper. Hugs `Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the vintage feel to this card and gorgeous image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous vintage looking card Tracy. I love the way you've distressed the photo and the papers you've used xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x