A4 White cardstock
Trimcraft Belle & Boo II 12 x 12 Designer Paper Pack
Trimcraft Belle & Boo II 8 x 8 Decoupage Pad
Trimcraft Belle & Boo II Paper Flowers
Trimcraft Belle & Boo II Ribbon Bows
Trimcraft Belle & Boo II Clear Stamps - Ice Cream
Gel Glue or Foam Pads
Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink
Rich Cocoa Momento Ink
1. To make the stepper card cut the A4 card to measure 28 cm x 21 cm, score the centre of the card to create the main fold. Score at 3cm and 5 cm up from the bottom and repeat at the top out to 4 cm in from the long sides. Cut from the 5 cm score line at the top to the bottom 5 cm score line on both sides to create the middle panel. Mountain fold the 3 cm score lines, valley fold the 5 cm score lines and mountain fold the main score line in the centre of the card. Use a bone folder to give crisp folds. Round the corners on the card using a corner punch.
2. Cut 3 panels (left, centre and right) from a striped 12 x 12 designer paper to fit the panels of the stepper card. Round the corners with the punch. Use a Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink around the edges of the middle panel, this will help to pick out the image. To take away a white edge ink from the back, to add colour to an image/paper ink and blend from the front.
3. Glue all the panels to the card. Cut a slightly smaller panel of silver mirri card using a pinking trimmer blade or scissors. Glue this panel to the middle of the card.
4. Build up your decoupage layers with foam pads or gel glue. I prefer glue gel as it gives you time to move the image into exactly the right spot and allows you to keep any shaping. Remember you don't have to use every layer. You can give your images some shape by gently manipulating them with an embossing tool on to a foam mat or simply curve then around your tool. You can remove any pips from around the image by gentle filing them off with an emery board.
5. Add some Scattered Straw distress ink to the tips of the flower petals and adhere to the left panel using glue gel. Distress the edge of the sentiment with Scattered Straw distress ink and adhere to the left panel with foam tape. Add the pink dotty ribbon to the right panel using acrylic glue.
6. Use the Rich Cocoa ink and a dotty sheet of the 12 x 12 designer paper stamp the ice cream, shells, star fish and sandcastle stamps, cut out, shape and adhere with gel glue. These elements have helped to the hide the joins in the paper on the panels.
Creative Blessings. x