Monday, 5 September 2016

Land Rover Lad - Birthday Card

Hello!  Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my sister's fiancé.  He is a big Land Rover enthusiast (for those of you who have followed my blog for a while you will have seen previous cards for him featuring a LR - hope he isn't getting bored of them!).

I used an 8 x 8 card and covered it with green ribbed card from my stash.  I have cut some mat and layers from Anna Marie Designs kraft card and black card.  I have also used pages from an old atlas (I get to keep the old one when we replace with the current year - no sat nav for us we prefer maps makes it feel more like an adventure!)


I have edged the mats and image with Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy and a little Black Soot distress inks.  I added the same mats inside.  The button & string are from my stash.

The image is a postcard, the artwork by Peter Wilford.  I bought them a job lot from Ebay - a nice little stash to make lots of cards for my soon to be brother-in-law! As it's his 40th I covered the number plate with a piece of card and used a white Pergamano pen to write U R 40.

Creative Blessings.  x

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous male card Tracy, love the land rover.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine card Tracy, I can think of a good few who would really appreciate the image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detail on this male themed card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy this is a brilliant masculine card it is just right. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super male card Tracy. The image is brilliant and I love how you personalised the number plate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! What a great card.

    I've got an old road atlas or two in my crafty stash too!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x