Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Product Review - Jamberry Nail Wraps

A beauty style review today. I recently contacted Becky Hetherington who is a UK Jamberry Consultant for a sample pack of nail wraps.  You can hop over to her Facebook page here and this is her website Nails by Becky.

My nails are quite weak and papery so I've been using OPI nail polish to help and since they are doing a lot better I want to treat them to a pretty makeover.  Unfortunately I'm not so good at painting my nails so when I spotted the Jamberry Nail Wraps they seemed like a good option.

There is full instructions on how to prep your nails before applying the wraps.  You can also use the wraps over OPI strengthening polish.  I did both and whilst both methods worked, I found them easier to apply on a naked nail so to speak! My nails do feel stronger, obviously I can't say this is down to the wraps but I think using them over the polish gave my nails a little extra protection.

You get full instructions on how to apply them and to remove them, which is very easy. They are super easy to apply too. I used a hairdryer to heat them but you can buy a mini heater for just a few pounds, a worthwhile investment I think if you are going to do them on a regular basis.  I heated the wrap for a few seconds and then applied it to my nail, applied a good amount of pressure and heated them for a few seconds further once they were applied.


I found myself being quite delicate with my nails after I had applied them, just as I do after applying nail polish to avoid chipping it, but I knew to really test them I had to stop being so careful.  After days of punishment from cleaning, typing and crafting, not to mention all the other things you don't even think about where your nails get unfairly treated, I was surprised at how durable the wraps up.

I really like the fact that they are 5-Free (Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, or Camphor), I won't go into the science (there is penty of info on the internet) but these chemicals are added to many nail polishes.  Whilst there are polishes that a 5-free the other benefit of the wraps is no drying time another bonus for the busy bees amongst us.  

It's definitely a product I would recommend, the only problem is choosing which of many designs you'll want to purchase! 

Creative Blessings.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x