Wednesday, 15 February 2017

My First Journal Page

Hello peeps!

As the title suggests I'm sharing my first ever journal page today.  I've never really been sure about journaling, it looks creative but as I've always created things for a specific purpose or occasion so wasn't sure if this would be for me.  However, I was inspired by Leonie Pujol to give it a go, I've been following her blog and watching her shows and it looked like a lot of fun.  I thought it would be a good way to record which stamps I have too.  There's me applying a purpose to it!   It was also a good opportunity to use one of my Brusho backgrounds (created on ordinary cardstock not watercolour) made at a class at Keep on Crafting, Bury St Edmunds.  It was so much fun that I've already booked a spot on the advanced class.  Another post about that later in the month.


Supplies used:
Goldline Spiralbound Notebook with ivory pages 140gsm
Tim Holtz Crushed Olive Distress Ink
Brusho ( I didn't make a note of colours.)
Graph It marker 3160
Carabelle Studio "Monsieur Cerf et Monsieur Hibou" stamp set
Leonie Pujol Super Swirl, Hey There Dreamer, Bohemian Doodles, Flower Burst, Lots of Texture, Flight to Freedom and Just Be stamp sets.
Coffee dyed copier paper
Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can, Cornflower Blue, Fern Green and Sepia



As I mentioned, this is my first page and next time I would like to add some texture, stencilling and layers.

Creative Blessings.  x

I wish to enter this into the following challenge(s):

Anything Goes February Stamping Challenge - http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/take-it-make-it-challenge-february.html




9 comments:

  1. WOW!! Tracy for a first attempt this is FAB, very artistic and clever use of design. I've never tried journalling either and you have made me think about it now. Stunning stag stamp and super earthy colours. Enjoy your class at Keep on Crafting too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy this is a stunning page. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous page Tracy for your first attempt. Love it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is inspiring for your first page bright and beautiful and I love the stag standing
    there so proud it is a beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal page Tracy can't believe it's your first one and they are addictive too lol-love Leonies inspiration-fabulous background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun making these isn't it Tracy, I love messing around in mixed media and love your page.xxx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun journal page design Tracy.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x