Friday, 9 June 2017

Crafting the Seth Apter way - Keep on Crafting Workshop

Good Evening Peeps!

Firstly, there is demo day at the shop tomorrow, Margaret Brackenbury will be working with the Threaders Inks and stamps from Crafters Companion and there will be special offers on those products.  Mandy really does provide some excellent deals on demo days with the products being used, so if you can, it's worth popping along to Keep on Crafting, click here for address details.

Today I'm sharing the finished canvas which I started at the Crafting the Seth Apter Way workshop with Chris Stevens at Keep on Crafting on Saturday, 3 June 2017.  


Chris started the class by asking if we want to see the her finished projects, as Seth's way of teaching is not to show an end project so students aren't swayed by his designs or try to emulate the project.  It's a more free way of teaching but we were all a little daunted but agreed to just go with the flow and not see the finished projects.

We started by making three backgrounds one on white cardstock, one on kraft card and one on canvas.  Using the Little Black Dress Paperartsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paint we painted all three black.  I think we all felt this was a little odd, why not start with black card, but as Chris explained it adds depth to the finished piece.  I'll admit I was sceptical but looking at my finished piece now I can see it's true!



The colours on the kraft card were to be kept lighter as these would act as contrast on the dark pieces. The layers were built up further by add paint through stencils and on stamps.  I also used the die cut waste as stencils.  There are plenty of colours to choose from in the Paperartsy Fresco range but I used;  Mahogany, Mud, Terracotta, Buff, Carribean Sea and Midnight.


I think I would call this my first proper mixed media grungy style canvas and it's certainly given me a taste for creating more arty pieces of work.



Supplies used;
5 x 7 inch white Canvas - Keep on Crafting
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic paints - Keep on Crafting
Paperartsy Stamps by Seth Apter - Keep on Crafting
Various Stencils


Creative Blessings.  x

5 comments:

  1. Great looking canvas Tracy. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy this is amazing you have made an interesting use of colour and shape. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW brilliant mixed media Tracy-see now you are hooked lol love all the layering of the colours/stencils/stamps and I love the dreamcatcher frame
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x