Friday, 28 July 2017

Pocket Watch & Petticoats

Hello Crafters

Are you looking forward to the weekend?  We have a meeting with our mortgage broker on Saturday morning but the rest of the weekend is free, it feels strange not to be going to a craft class this weekend, but I have a few booked for the coming weeks.  

Today I wanted to share the Wedding card I made for the couple that own one of my favourite shops, Pocket Watch and Petticoats.  They are a vintage clothing shop based in Bury St Edmunds, there is also one in Ipswich.  I'm a big fan of vintage and have been for quite some time.  I've always had a feeling that I was born in the wrong era, I really love the feminine style and lines of 40s/50's clothing, and the hairstyles too.



I bought the Waistcoat stamp from Keep on Crafting with this card in mind, other than that I didn't really have a plan, but it made sense to make it a vintage style.  I then decided that I wanted a dress on the card too but couldn't find a stamp I liked in the right style, that was went I was struck by the idea of an origami dress. I have made these before but I needed to refresh my memory so I found this video on youtube to be the most helpful.


I used two sheets of Cocoa Blissful paper sheets inside.


Supplies Used;
Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide - Keep on Crafting
Visible Image Time After Time, Wedding Day Stamp sets
Versamark Ink Pad - Keep on Crafting
Wow White Embossing Powder - Keep on Crafting
Woodware The Waistcoat stamp set - Keep on Crafting
Watering Can Archival Ink - Keep on Crafting
White Enamel Accents - Keep on Crafting
Cocoa and Pink Blissful Paper Pads - Anna Marie Designs
Banners, Party Flags, Back In Time Pocket Watch and Small Bags - Noor! Design
White Lace - Blog Candy from Linda Simpson

There was a celebration at the shop a few days before, here is a pic from the day which I have tinkered with in Serif Craft Artist.  Shortly after this photo the couple had a dance in the street with "The Knightingales Vintage Trio" singing "Chapel of Love".


I would like to enter this into the following challenge(s);

Noor! Design - July Challenge - Die Cuts - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/july-challenge-use-die-cuts.html

18 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy this is a stunning card I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful vintage wedding card Tracy, love the design as I as sure so will the happy couple. Super photo. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Loving the waistcoat and dress.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, lovely papers and origami dress.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful creation Tracy - I can feel the love that's gone into creating it. Hope you have a successful meeting in the morning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful i love the colours and vintage style x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty and delicate!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card - the perfect card fir this couple. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully pretty card Tracy. I love the papers and stamps. A lovely vintage effect with the photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty love this idea and great paper folding Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great vintage style card - love your papers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Tracy. I love these origami dresses and the papers you have used are so pretty. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Tracy love the waistcoat and great idea making an origami dress-love the embossed watch background too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x